Monday, February 6, 2012

Laundry Soap

The other day my friend told me I was one of those mom's that people think are crazy. Uh, thanks? There was no offense intended, but I understood what she meant. Sometimes it seems we don't have an extra minute and making your own laundry soap seems like one extra thing on your never ending to do list. However, this recipe is easy, 20 minutes start to finish and you will be saving money.
You will need:
2 cups Borax
2 cups Washing Soda (not baking soda)
2 bars mild soap (felsnaptha, ivory, dove)
2 cups Oxygen Cleaner (oxyclean, awesome oxygen cleaner) I got mine at the dollar store it is the exact same ingredients as oxyclean.
First grate your soap,this is the longest step.
Once the soap is all grated add to all the other ingredients and mix together. Once mixed turn it into a powder using a food processor (you don't have to do this, I just like mine powder; I think it dissolves better)
Powdered soap!
Put in a labeled canister, anything with a lid will work.
Use 2-3 TBS each load. I use 4 on heavily soiled clothing.

This soap works very well, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment