Thursday, February 24, 2011

Flower window

A while ago I noticed one of these beauties hanging in my friends home and I had to have one. They are so easy to make!
Supplies:
An old window (I got mine at an antiques store for $8)
Sander and sandpaper
Paint of your choice
Wood stain
A piece of wood cut to the size of your window
Dried flowers
Moss
Hot glue gun
Screws (measure to make sure they are not too long)

My window, not to pretty.

#1- Sand off all paint, and wear a mask who knows how much lead is in 100 year old paint.



#2- Paint your window frame. I painted mine white, it is something I had on hand and it matches with anything.



#3-Sand edges for a distressed look. Apply a small amount of wood stain to exposed wood around the edges.
#4- Paint the wood for the back of your frame. ( I don't have a picture of this. My true love cut a piece of scrap wood so it was the same size as the window frame)

#5- Arrange your flowers on your painted backing. Hot glue the stems at the end. Glue moss over ends to hide the glue globs holding your flowers.
#6- Place window on top of backing and flowers. Flip over window and screw backing to window.

And your done.
All for around $10.oo.




I made this one for my home about a year ago (sorry about the picture quality).
I used some leftover bead board for the backing.



This one was made for my in laws. They loved it!







No comments:

Post a Comment